Skincare is so important but there are so many choices out there…. how do you know which to choose?
Here are some tips to follow:
1. Less is more. Choosing and paying for high quality products is a must when your are dealing with the delicate skin on your face. Higher quality products will last you longer because you don’t need much.
2. No SPF at night. I was doing this for decades before I realized it was a no no. Always use a night moisturizer that does not contain SPF. I even recommend using one during the day unless you are truly going to be in the sun.
3. No Oil Free. Stop buying these products my friends. Putting oil free products on your face to combat oily skin is the absolute worst thing you can do. When you use oil free products your body overcompensates by creating more oil which is what is causing your breakouts and skin problems. As a matter of fact you should be putting essential oils on your face which brings me to #4 below.
4. Use Essential Oils on your face. Find one you like and use it every day. You will never stop using it I promise. Be careful when choosing your essential oils. Make sure you buy from a reputable company so that you are getting high quality oils. Here is my favorite. I don’t go a day without it.
5. No parabens. It is so important to keep these nasty preservatives off of your face. The only reason they are in your product is to make it last longer, to preserve the ingredients within the product so that they don’t go bad. If you choose a product without them, that product should have a 1 year shelf life without the use of parabens. I think that’s plenty long enough to use it.
6. Use Rosewater. This miracle substance does some amazing things to to your face. It’ makes it soft and supple, it feeds it oxygen and causes cell regeneration. I spray my face after I wash before I apply any moisturizers. I also keep a small spritzer bottle of it in my purse to use on the fly. It feels great on a hot day and it won’t do a thing to your beautifully applied makeup. Be sure to read the ingredients for this product as well. It should not include much more than rosewater to be effective. Below is my choice.
7. Stay away from Fragrance. Do not buy any facial products that have the word fragrance as one of the ingredients. The word fragrance is a trade secret therefore companies do not have to tell you what’s in it. There could be 1, 5, 100 or even 1000 ingredients within that word. The fragrant part is also what will usually cause your eyes to tear so just stay away from it all together. It’s not necessary for a facial skin product.
I hope these tips help you a bit when you are trying to shop for new facial products.
Be informed. Be Safe. Be Healthy.